#24DaysofKindness: Day 5
A positive mindset is a decision. We can choose to be open to all that’s ahead. Or we can close ourselves off and allow fear to consume us.
Yes, it can be tough to stay positive in times of change (2016 anyone?). Still, by making a conscious, active decision to adopt an optimistic outlook, you set yourself off on your strongest footing.
A few years ago, working for Ibiza Voice, I met Jameel. Or Jammy as his friends call him. Little did I know that years later his positivity posts (on social stuff) would catch my eyes daily. And they always do.
So much so that it felt natural to get him involved with #24DaysofKindness. Here he is with his top 5 thoughts on being more positive. Just the thing to inject more positivity into your and others’ lives – as he says, “It sparks extraordinary results.”
Staying positive: Jameel’s Top 5 Tips
1. If you truly want to change your life, it is important to be around people with a similar mindset.
2. Positivity is a choice. No matter what situation you are in, good or bad. You can still choose to see the opportunity.
3. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results.
4. When things become difficult, and every effort seems to bring disappointment? Positivity, persistence and perseverance will see you through.
5. A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is instead of what you think it should be. And then making the best of it.
Huge thanks to Jameel for contributing to TTSS – THANK YOU!x
Check out yesterday’s #DayofKindness.